Thursday, April 26, 2007

Never Complain! You Are Already in Your Best Place!


Once, there was a poor stone breaker who worked very hard to manage his life. One day, as he was breaking the stones near the road, he said to himself: “ ah, if I had been rich, I could have rested .” An angel was wandering in the sky and heard his wish and said to him: “ I will grant your wish!” Suddenly the poor stone breaker found himself in a magnificent palace with lots of servants. He could have rested as mush as he wanted.

But one day as he was staring at the sun, he sighed and wished to be the sun in order to get rid of all his servants!!! This time, again, the angel granted his wish to make him happy. But when he became the sun, a cloud passed before him and made his brightness dim and dark. He thought: “ I wish I were a cloud because the cloud is stronger than the sun!” This wish also was granted and the wind blew and dispersed the cloud in the sky. “ I wish to be the wind that brings everything with itself,” he said. The angel kindly changed him into the bald and violent wind, but it hit the mountain which was strong against the wind and did not move! As he became the mountain, according to his new wish, he noticed that a person was breaking his foot with the hammer. He said, “ I wish I were a person breaking the strong mountains!!!”

The angel granted his wish for the last time. The poor stone breaker found himself near the road and he never complained again!!!

Translated by: Parisa Mehran

No comments: